Re: [TCML] Off grid, medium size, 12V battery powered TC

Paul,

I might try that, but my experience with cheap inverters is that they are easy to fry. I feel like I'd be pretty much sending it to a certain death. I may have to though, my HV bug is itching.

Jonathan

Why don't you just buy a cheap, Harbor Freight comes to mind, voltage
inverter and use it to power a regular 120 volt AC Tesla Coil with a neon
sign transformer or OBIT? Harbor Freight has a sale going right now for a
1200 watt 12VDC to 120VAC inverter for $120 and that should work fine for
powering a small TC. You certainly seem to have all of the 12VDC power you
would need available and if you burn up the inverter, $120 is a lot less
than damaging your other off grid equipment.
Paul
Think Positive