From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jonathan Peakall
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2010 12:45 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] Off grid, medium size, 12V battery powered TC

Hi all,

I moved onto my off grid property a while back. I'm itching to play with a
TC, but my power system involves expensive inverters and other control
electronics. What I'm looking for is a way to power a medium powered coil
from a 12V battery bank. I have a 1200aH battery bank to play with, so I
have plenty of power available. I have a 6" by 48" secondary handy, or I
could wrap somehting smaller. I'd be happy with 2' streamers.

Any leads on such a coil?

Jonathan