Re: [TCML] How To Turn A Vacuum Cleaner Motor Into A Synchronous Motor

Penfold Motors even!!!

________________________________
From: Teslalabor <teslalabor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, 9 December, 2010 19:18:56
Subject: Re: [TCML] How To Turn A Vacuum Cleaner Motor Into A Synchronous Motor

Next week I get some 1000V 6A diodes. Then I will modify a 800W universal motor
from a washing machine and do the scope test (with magnets and pick up coil) to
see, how good it sync's to the line frequency.
Will put a video of this to youtube. The torque of the "Pensold Motors" should
be much bigger than any modified asynch. motor with flats on its armature.

Stefan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Tuck" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2010 7:38 PM

Dwp,
  >Depends, rather, on the definition of synchronous.  Anything
   >spinning at 3000 rpm (or distinct other rpms) will appear
   >synchronous by this test,

  Which test are you referring to? The one you mistakenly thought was happening
or the test I describe in detail using the scope and an infra-red detector /
emitter pair.

At That Set of power/load/rpm.  A
  > synchronous motor, by engineering definition will lock to
   >the line frequency, quasi independent of load.

Exactly. That is what the test that I describe does.

Regards
Phil

www.hvtesla.com