From: Chan Jeremy [mailto:jeremy_runescape@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 3:03 AM
To: TCML
Subject: RE: [TCML] Oregon Coilers?

Hey all,
I am a Singaporean studying at the University of Oregon though I am
currently back in Singapore for a break and will be returning to Eugene
Oregon sometime next year. Earlier this year I acquired 2 large NSTs,
built a decent 8" diameter secondary and acquired MMC capacitors. All
this is sitting in my lab above the university's science library. I hope
to be able to complete the assembly of the coil when I return to Oregon
and would be very happy to join a group of fellow Oregonian coilers.
Best regards,Jeremy

> From: k2glo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [TCML] Oregon Coilers?
> Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 18:35:50 -0800
>
> Hello Rick and Shannon:
>
> I read with interest your posts regarding forming an informal group of

> interested coilers in Oregon. I live in Ashland and I too would like
> get something started in our area as well.
>
> Years ago, I was also a member of TCBA and still have many of their
> newsletters. Many moons ago, I built an 811A VTTC and also a 24-inch
> SGTC. I never developed either one of them to their full potential.
> The plate glass/printing plate capacitor shattered with a loud bang
> while I was tweaking the SGTC and I never got around to replacing it.
> I am a ham radio pack rat and over the years I have acquired many NSTs

> and MOTs and even some very healthy plate transformers with the
> intention of building TCs again. I would like to get started by
> building a tabletop TC and then move back up to a larger one. I feel a

> group of fellow TC'ers in Oregon would be of great help to get me
> spurred into TC building again. I do occasionally get up Portland for
> I belong to the Northwest Vintage Radio Society which meets in
> Portland once a month and I usually attend their meetings 6-8 times a
> year so I could combine those trips with some TC activity especially
if it is along the I-5 corridor.