Re: [TCML] Grounding Coil to Water Pipe

Ronald Fleshman wrote:

Not all water meters are buried. Mine and most in my area are in the
basement. The water meter has to be bypassed with a wire of the same
gauge as the service ground wire.

Yes... but that's not to make the pipes a better grounding electrode, it's to prevent current from flowing through the meter and damaging it from galvanic action.

The plumbing is also connected to
the ground rod. I have two 8 foot ground rods 8 feet apart,
connections have to be brazed if they are buried  (local requirement
I think).

Actually, not brazed, but more likely "exothermically welded" a process using a thermite mixture of copper oxide and aluminum powder. Basically welds copper to copper with copper. (Brazing is using a different filler metal). A commercial product is "CadWeld"... you get a little ceramic mold that fits around the rod and wire(s), fill with the powder, light it and stand back.

 My plumbing is all copper including the line in from the
street.