From: Brandon Hendershot <brandonhendershot@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Aug 23, 2010 6:14 pm
Subject: Re: [TCML] Primary Support Materials

Ok,
o we know to definitely NOT use PVC in this application since it's apparently
rone to carbon tracing, and the best options I've heard are the typical HDPE,
nd polycarbonate.
ow, I've heard that the HDPE is difficult to glue, and a weak bond at that. Is
hat right? Polycarbonate should provide a strong bond I would think...
s far as machinability goes, how does polycarbonate behave under a drill press
nd jig-saw/dremel? I know HDPE is messy, but I find it moderately easy to work
ith.
astly, there's price. As far as I'm concerned, that's just a matter of whether
t's worth it or not.
hat do you say guys (and gal(s))?
DPE or polycarbonate?
hanks a lot,