Re: [TCML] Questions about saturable reactor / magnetic amplifier

Usually a gapped core non-saturable reactor is required.  Cores without gaps
just don't seem to perform very well as the pole xmfr hits peaks the core
saturates and allows peak currents 10 to 50 times the average current.

We use laser cut C-Cores and usually set each gap around 60-80 mils
depending on total current limiting required.

Dr. Resonance