Re: [TCML] MMC Caps

Mea culpa. And it's easier to tell someone to watch out for something than to say - go ahead all is well within  design parameters.

I've got both datasheets in front of me. The 942 series clearly has better pulse handling rating- dv/dt is an order of magnitude greater for 2kv .15uf models. Current at 100khz is about 50% greater in the 942 than 940.

I personally have no idea how to translate that into a design suggestion for the man, because the on line resources are all over the map. Some guys say "specs be damned" and other guys ( me) are very conservative.

I've used 942s in 5x18 parallel mmc boards and subjected them to all sorts of abuse as I can as an amateur, with no problems.

So I guess the best I can do is recommend 942s and stay silent on anything else. Everyone should be allowed his own experiences I guess.

Sorry if I offended. I'll go back to asking questions now.

Cheers
Joe

Sent from Joe's mobile phone.