Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil Computer Interference [Update 2]

As I may have mentioned  8)>>  I used to earn a living in
emi/rfi.  The physics is rigorous, and nonobvious/subtle
enough to look like magick, sometimes.  It can be near
impossible to troubleshoot in on line discussion, and i am
(literally) off for vacation.

Anyway:
I would not use the description below.  The safe-safe thing
is to unplug (not just turn off) the computer, or other
potential victim.  What is it worth to NOT trash it?
Sometimes the victim recovers, sometimes not, and sometimes
the damage is cumulative.

Given time, budget, patience, added filtering and Good
Isolation transformers will do as well, however the
debug, and risks (as above) can be expensive.  At minimum,
I'd want the PC/other victim on another 'circuit': that
is NOT guaranteed...

Wish it was easier to explain/solve.

NEC (the Code) has essentially nothing to do with this: NEC
is to do with 'gross safety': electrocution, fire hazard, etc..

best
New dwp:     dave_p@xxxxxxxxxxx