Re: [TCML] Core size

Jay,

A reasonable approximation for common laminated silicon steel cores is obtained from the following formulas:

Core cross section area (sq in) = 0.16*(SQRT(VA))

VA Rating = ((Core Cross section area (sq in))/0.16)^2

I have a .PDF spreadsheet with a number of typical values precalculated that I can send you if you want.

Lemmee know.

Dave