Re: [TCML] vaccum tube choices for VTTC?

Hi Brian,

Power triodes and transmitting triodes seem to be the easiest to use in Armstrong or Hartley power oscillators. Some tube types that have worked for various coilers over the years include:

100TH or 100TL
HF300/CV693
VT127A/3-100D2
203A
211/VT4C
250TH or 250TL
3-100xx
3-400A/Z or 8163
3-500ZG
3-1000H/Z
304TH, 304TL or VT129
3CX2500H3
450TH or 450TL
572B
750TL
805
810
811A
812A
833A or 833C
838 (Similar to 211)
845 or VT243
1000T
5514
5866
5867A
5868

Be on the lookout for matching sockets, filament transformers, plate transformers, and mica or ceramic transmitting capacitors.

Bert
--
We specialize in UNIQUE items: coins shrunk by ultra-strong magnetic
fields, Captured Lightning Lichtenberg figure sculptures, and scarce

Brian Hall wrote:

The MIT flea market season starts up this sunday, and as i recall
from last year there are often several vendors selling vaccum tubes
at very decent prices - as low as 1$ to 25 cents even.  And some
fancier ones for 5 to 10, 15 etc.

What sorts of vaccum tube make and model numbers work best for
creating a VTTC?  I have seen pictures and videos of the unique
streamer types they create and find that to be quite fascinating.