RE: [TCML] C D capacitors

Well, if the capacitors can easily handle one-hundredth the pulse-current and cost five cents apiece at the same voltage and one-hundredth the capacitance, they are cheaper than a single 942C20P15K-F (yes, I have the part-number memorized and know what each portion of it represents...) and have even better characteristics for the same price (this is, of course, assuming that one isn't making a bulk-purchase of the 942's).

Now, the labour involved in assembling one-hundred capacitors to make the equivalent of one CDE cap (plus the cost of solder) is another story all-together.

If you're like me and enjoy both, saving money and soldering, it's a win on both accounts. The only losing portion of such a situation is the size which this array would require, due to its having a poor volume:capacitance ratio. The majority of it would, likely, be HV insulation which isn't the dielectric.

Happy coiling,

 - Christopher Karr