Re: [TCML] Isolation Transformers / 1:1 Transformers

Ebay has a bunch of them all the time.Good luck on the budget though(I needed one for radio servicing so I can relate).Save yourself a ton of money and try and get some line filters if its noise in your mains that you're concerned with.That and correct grounding practices are about all you can do.
------Original Message------
From: Peter Baitz
Sender: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
ReplyTo: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] Isolation Transformers / 1:1 Transformers
Sent: Sep 24, 2009 11:32 AM

Hello all,

Do any of you know of a good source for 1:1 Isolation Transformers in the 8 AMP 900 WATT  120VAC  specification to isolate one's tesla coil from the mains (except of course magnetically) ?    I have looked around and having a very hard time finding something promising in terms of affordable price (say much under $50).

Much appreciate the input.   And what isolation transformers do you all use for your TC's ?

Peter