From: Lau, Gary [mailto:Gary.Lau@xxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2009 10:48 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: RE: [TCML] transformer theory questions

Hi David,

I had thought about the possibility of eddy current losses, but I also
recall seeing some cores having a weld tying all of the laminations
together, clearly shorting the laminations.  It may be that to get eddy
currents, the laminations may need to be shorted in two different places?  I
don't recall if the welded cores I've seen had a single bead or not, and
it's unclear if a hack saw hack job would also short in multiple places.
But "don't do it" is surely the safest course of action!

Regards, Gary Lau
MA,  USA