From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of mike osipowicz
Sent: Monday, September 07, 2009 8:43 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] Rotary spark gap plus NST? Good? Bad?

hello, I have a nice tesla coil, 12kv, 30 ma NST, with a boring old static
gap, however the coil does put out 29 inch streamers. anyway, I am looking
to upgrade to a rotary gap, I have a 1 HP, 1700 rpm motor, asynchronous...
I'm not sure if it is o.k to use with my NST, I am worried about burning up
my secondary windings. my caps are cornell dubliner brand, if I spelled that
correctly... and the bank is at 12nf total. so, if I put 8 rotating, and two
stationary electrodes, for approx. 170 bps, my nst has lasted a few weeks so
far, but would would my nst last with a rotary gap, and my safety gap? I
figured you guys were the ones to come to with this issue, p.s, I'm really
not looking to spend the money/ time for a terry filter unless it is
absolutely necessary, thanks,
Mike Osipowicz