Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2009 10:37 PM
Subject: [TCML] Proper NST Protection

I've been running a half-dead NST on my coil it's entirenlife without knowing it, and now's the time to deal with it... The pain of buying a new one without the experience of blowing it up! Pitiful... Anyways, to keep this new one on it's way in mint condition, I need some form of protection. This calls for a safety gap and/or a Terry filter. I'm nowhere close to being able to afford the parts for one of those. So, will a safety gap across the HV terminals be adequate enough protection for the new NST? Or do I need to fork out another $60 (i dont have) on this thing?