[TCML] Frequencies

Ok. Here's where I am so far...
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2643/4002838259_0717959090_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2628/4003601480_f7df68c001_b.jpg
I don't think I can attach pictures to my postings so I hosted them on flickr.

All bar the red wires are soldered into place. It just got too late and after a glass of Kahlua I don't fancy my chances of accuracy. The red wires go to the + side, the black to the - and the green connect components.

Originally this was going to run the power transistor, hence the 100 ohm resistor. I plan to use the output from that resistor now (in conjunction with further resistors) to drive a visible and an infra-red LED. This pulse controller will be entirely self-contained and separate from the rest of my electronics. It makes for easier fault-finding later.

The 25kv output from the ignition coil will charge a 5000pf capacitor. By my calculations, a gap of 3 inches should ensure no spark will flow unless the air is ionised.

A second ignition coil will produce a 50KV pulse which will ionise the air and allow current to flow out of the capacitor. Total discharge time for the capacitor should be around 1/2,000,000th of a second.