[TCML] Frequencies

Has anybody any idea of the frequency of pulses one should put into a coil to produce 25 and 50KV?

I've been looking into the 555 circuit that I started to build and have found add-on after add-on to make it work better and to protect it. So much so that it's very off-putting. Thus I'm thinking very much of junking the whole 555 idea as barmy and going for a pair of interrupters, a pair of optical relays and an electric motor with a spinning disk with holes punched in it. It's simple and easier to construct.

Rhys Sage

SagePhotoWorld.com

America's favorite photographer.