Re: [TCML] Leyden jar array

Franklin didn't invent the Leyden Jar capacitor.

Ewald von Kleist (1745) made the first discovery.  Also, independently in
Leyden, Holland, by Pieter van Musschenbroek in 1746.  Musschenbroek was
told of an experiment conducted by a friend, a lawyer, who was tinkering
with a crude electrostatic machine, who received a shock and reported it to
Muss. for further experimentation.

Franklin did use Leyden jars to kill a Thanksgiving Turkey in 1749, or as he
put it, "and roasted on a fire kindled by the electrified bottle".

Dr. Resonance