Re: [TCML] looking for a nice tank capacitor...problems...

The important thing to check is the product of the rated current at a particular frequency and the reactance of the capacitor at that frequency. May or may not be suitable.

Ed

mike - there is a nice HV capacitor for sale on my web page, www.wbnoble.com - it's mica, should do what you want, but I don't remember the value - it's certainly much larger than the little things we mostly use - large aluminum case, big ceramic insulator, etc - wander around under "stuff for sale" until you find it - it's in there somewhere - as I recall it has a current rating on it that is several amps