From: Lau, Gary <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Oct 1, 2009 1:24 pm
Subject: RE: [TCML] 135ft arc 3ft sphere - Possible? and Moderator note

The length of an irregular object - streamer or coastline - is dependant upon
the method used to measure it.  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coastline_paradox

As co-moderator, I shall decree that coastline measurement techniques shall not
be discussed further here.

For spark lengths, have we not agreed that the only consistent measure that we
all agree upon is straight-length point to point?

Regards, Gary Lau
TCML Co-Moderator

 Derek