[TCML] Ignition coil etc

Hmm....

Ok. Some alternatives...

I could use the 16VAC as half-wave with a simple diode.

Alternatively I could put 12v 4A through it and use a reed relay as an interruptor. Put the current straight through the relay coil and the contacts so that when current goes through the contacts and coil, the circuit gets broken and returns because there's no power now going through the coil. An alternative would be to drive a DPDT relay with a 9v battery while running the power through the other side. That would pulse it quite nicely and it should be a square wave.