Re: [TCML] Re:Pros and cons

Fez,
20 microfards and 4.4 kV will give bang size of aprox 193 J!
At F ~ 25 kHz you will have primary characteristic impedance
only 0.3 ohms and really high peak primary current ( 13 kA +).
I doubt anybody has ever worked with  tesla coil primary currents
of this magnitude.One thing is certain,your coil will not be a very
efficient one.I doubt it would be able to reach efficiency like 80%.
Pay your attention to this fact.
I hope IGBT HV module you refered to will be useful for the coil.
BTW,interesting standpoint about efficiency issue I must admit.
Reminds me of the view of coiler Peter Teren (aka Tesla downunder),
except in one big difference.He wants and likes sparks,you don't.

Dex