[TCML] Help with micro mini tesla coil!

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone could help a total beginner out...

I recently bought this micro mini mite tesla coil - http://www.amazing1.com/tesla.htm#MTC3

How do I make it transmit/radiate power to light up fluorescent bulbs far away and things like that?

All I have it doing is sparking about a cm distance from the wire on top to the bulb's end to light it up...

They have a picture in their manual of how to do 'radiated power projects', but I'm afraid the diagram is really not very good and they say "shape a 10'' length of #14 buss lead or a 1/16'' brass rod and shape as shown with a loop to fit around the screw for securing in place. This serves as a small energy radiator" - there's no indication of what in the picture they are talking about...

Image of instruction manual here: http://www.amandawasielewski.com/tesla.jpg

Hope someone can help!

Cheers,
Amanda