Re: Re: [TCML] SRSG Update. Very cool pictures!

To be honest that is what we have been VERY VERY VERY concerned about since stage one. This was the only sync motor I could get my hands on currently. I am terrified about the dwell time for this reason exactly...

Its a 600 rpm sync motor. BPS = (rpm x rotary electrodes)/60 for 60 Hz ... (600 x 12)/60 = 120 bps.

Since the motor rpm is so low and the electrodes are 1/4 inch, as I said, I'm terrified about the dwell time. After some initial tests we'll see how it does and if all else fails its super easy to modify the motor mounts and re-machine them for a different motor. The disc diameter was 8 inches but had to be reduced last night to 7 inches for material considerations. I'm crossing my fingers. I don't want to have to re-machine everything and I don't want to have to buy a new sync motor... but I fear I will have to very soon.