Re: [TCML] Solid state efficiency, was: mini Tesla coil specs

From KCH-

While I have the attention of a few s.s.'ers here, perhaps someone can shed light on this: I'm simulating what amounts to a half-bridge driving an untuned-primary t.c. I record waveforms of a) MOSFET current and b) primary current. I notice the following: At the start, the MOSFETs switch at current peaks and the current waveform is triangular. As the primary current--and secondary voltage, of course--builds up, the current waveform gradually changes toward a sine shape and the switching events shift toward current-zero-crossing. I have a feeling that that's the case in the real world. Is that to be expected?

KCH