To: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:40 PM
Subject: RE: [TCML] newer tesla coil parts

have you tried calling local surplus stores? try Ford Electronics in Fullerton, for example - you can also get resistors in high wattages very cheaply from appliance repair stores - of course they call them "stove elements" but they are just high wattage resistors.

Why, if you are going to spend $70 anyway, not buy from Digikey and get new parts that you can get more of when you want them?

Why not use 100 watt 220V light bulbs? they are cheap, they give you a visual indication of power passing through, and they are readily available.