  From: Chris Rutherford
  Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 10:27
  Subject: [TCML] multiple miniature transformers

  Hi All,

  A couple of years back I made a TC powered by 4 parallel NSTs,
  providing 1KVA, which worked reasonably well.  I was thinking about
  extending the idea using 10 larger (identical) NSTs to provide 10KVA.
  I would individually protect each NST using something like a Terry
  filter, and also place a switch on the mains side of each transformer,
  so that I can switch each transformer on individually (perhaps using a
  relay).  In theory, this would allow me to ramp up the power in 1KVA
  steps to a total of 10KVA.  What problems can you foresee with this?
  Has this method of TC load control been tried before?  The advantage
  would be removal of the Variac and not having to lug a pole pig
  around.  Presumably the primary circuit can be modeled/ designed based
  on the parallel impedances of the transformers, at maximum input
  power.

  Thanks

  Chris