To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 12:53 PM
Subject: [TCML] newer tesla coil parts

Here are some pictures of my new NST filter. I ordered parts from digikey this time and used the correct values and MOVs( before I was using 3Kohm resistors and door knob caps). It's built so that I can change from 7 MOVs per side to 8. After reading posts on this list, I think I'm going to use all 8 for my 12Kv, 60mA NST because it puts out more that 12Kv at 120V in and I'm using a variac. I'm using 50 watt resistors for the 1Kohms, I can't get ahold of the 100w versions, does anyone on the list have some for sale?

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr239/growl99/NSTfilterfront.jpg

http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr239/growl99/NSTfilterback.jpg

Question:
My capacitor bank is currently on 2 boards and I'm going to make a 3rd board of CD 942 caps (14 caps 0.15uf in series spaced). What are other coilers using for board to board spacers?, I want to stack them one on top of the other, and legs to keep them off of the floor, right now I'm using 1/4 inch nylon bolts with heat shrink tubing over them to strengthen them.

thanks,

Shaun Epp