Re: [TCML] SRSG curiosity

Andrew,

Coupling is probably the least desired of all methods for reasons Gary mentioned. Rotating on the cradle is better but still mechanical. Thus, people like John Freau devised a circuit to phase the line. I on the other hand rotated the stationary electrodes via motor. So the later 3 methods are all used for the same reason (phasing in real time).

Obviously, several methods have been used.

Regards,
Bart B. Anderson

Andrew Robinson wrote:
So why does everyone devise a way to rotate their SRSG motor in its mount rather than rotate the disc coupling on the motors shaft. Seems like a lot more work to rotate the motor than to rotate the disc... Is this just because someone did it first and everyone else followed like sheep, or is something wrong with my logic?