Re: [TCML] mini Tesla coil specs

It doesn't work well with an SISG driver. The SIDAC's get hot probably due to the much higher firing rate. Works fine on a larger coil with lower Fres though.

Peter www.tesladownunder.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Brodie" <pbbrodie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Would low voltage Tesla Coils like these work well with the SISG method of firing the coil, like Mark Dunn has on his web site, versus using a standard spark gap? Anyway, I am trying to do this or at least something similar. I bought 6, 1200V 95 A SRC's that I'm going to try to use several of them in series to fire a single MOT. Any comments or ideas on this?
Paul
Think Positive