[TCML] Scope Issues

I tried to observe my SGTC quench on my o'scope tonight.  No dice.  This is the first time I've tried it.  I set up a simple horizontal dipole about 15ft from the 1KW, NST-based coil.  I used two 18" wire elements across a 47ohm resistor.  I set up the scope for a good-looking 200kHz sine wave from my sig gen, then plugged in the dipole to CH1 and went for it.  The scope displayed zip, even at 5mV/div.  I tried vertical polarization too.  No help.  I removed the resistor.  The scope now became sensitive to 60Hz noise and showed me a fuzzy trace.  Good!  Still no help.  The snarling TC across the room inspired not even a quiver from the mocking trace.  I'm stumped.  The vacuum cleaner motor on my sucker gap causes plenty of 60Hz hash on the scope, put the screaming coil causes no change in the display.  Were I a gambler, I would've bet the TC RF signal would be detectable from 10s of yards away.  What am I doing wrong?  Should I simply move the antenna
 closer to the coil?  I don't have enough coax to do that at the moment, but I can get some.

Cheers,

Greg