RE: [TCML] New Geek Group Video - How To Phase NSTs

Paralleling chokes are only used when paralleling Variacs.  For NST's, one just ties the primary coils in parallel, and likewise the secondary coils, directly.  Even if the output voltages are not exactly the same, it's not a big deal.  The secondary impedance is pretty high, so it doesn't care.  Variacs on the other hand, have very low output impedances, so any voltage mismatch between units will result in damaging circulating currents, hence the need for the paralleling chokes.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA