Re: [TCML] "Wall Wart" Transformers

Guys, i just want to wrap up this thread because it's really going nowere
right now.  A "wall wart" will clearly* NOT* work in reverse as a step up
transformer so there is no real reason to continue discussing this.  On the
other side,  A dc flyback driven with a zvs driver will me much more
effective and you will be able to push much more power through it.  I also
dont recommend running it at 16khz because that is in the audible range and
the hi pitch whine will drive you crazy.  They should be ran from
25khz-100khz.  What he meant by running your coil on dc is, most all flyback
transformers manufactured after 1970 are internally half wave rectafied
giving a dc output.  Then you use the dc high voltage to charge the tank
circuit in your tesla coil.