Re: [TCML] 1 Mhz ,1 kw

I think a PT is exactly what you want. You could parallel a couple 15/60 NST's or even remove shunts out of a 60mA NST, but that is the last option you would want to go after. If you can find a decent PT about 12kV-15kV then all the better. Your bps range is good and can deliver 580-675 W across the gap (energy * bps) with say a 15kV, 120mA source.

Regarding the cap, I recommend P/N 942C20P15K-F from Cornell Dubilier.

Two options with the above cap value for 10nF:
For 30KV, 1 string of 15 caps.
For 60kV, 2 strings of 30 caps.

Both are 10nF, and of course the 60kV is ideal. I think the 30kV cap bank would be fine for this.

Dex, if you do go building a 1MHz 1KW coil, you might also want to build a normal 1000T secondary using 24 AWG with the same geometry and a primary to suit. Only if funds allow it of course. But that might be a great means of comparing coils using the same external components (gap, bps, input, etc.).

Take care,
Bart

Dex Dexter wrote:
Thanks for the photo.
I think power source for the coil I want to build is a potential transformer.
And I'm thinking of use ASRG with 300-400 PPS.Cp about 10 nF.
Still thinking of how to realize good 40 kV capacitor bank for the purpose.

Dex