From: Christopher Karr <chriskarr4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla Pupman List <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [TCML] MAX SPARK FOR FIXED VOLTAGE
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:00:35 -0700

Hello everyone,
To be honest, I think we're beating a dead horse, here.
It's obvious that there is no way that we can prove to Dex that we DON'T KNOW exactly what the optimum conditions are for spark propagation. We have an understanding that wetter, less dense air is better than dry, dense air. The fact will always remain that amperage also works to increase breakdown potential, and he's saying use any input power. If we use a peta-volt-amp capacitor discharge at 15KV and use that to feed a DRSSTC with 30% efficiency with a 100KV output, like Dex specified, we would end up with a world energy crisis and a ton of scorched Earth, as well as one of the longest arcs in the world, if the breakout terminal were elevated far enough. If we can get a 30% efficiency 15KVA 14.4KV DRSSTC with an output of 100KV to have an output of up to 6 feet, we can get something like what was described previously to go for miles. If we have unlimited input power, since that equates to unlimited arc heat, we can have unlimited streamer length.
I think that somebody needs to be more specific on parameters and use realistic numbers, if we are to ever give an answer that is even nearly accurate.