RE: [TCML] Primary Coil Copper Saving Idea

I used this site:
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/swords-science-treasures__W0QQ_armrsZ1

A couple of weeks ago to buy 6 lb of #18 wire for $57 with free shipping.
That is about $9.50 per pound.

While the price per pound is still very outrageous, this site appears to
offer smaller lengths if you don't want to buy too much.

I have no connection with the site other than having bought one item with
good results.

I agree that copper prices at the retail level are still way too high. If
you really want a scare, look at the price of copper magnet wire in
electronics distribution. For example,
http://www.alliedelec.com/Wire/Magnet/?N=4294965119&No=10 shows a ONE POUND
spool of #26 for $65.41. That is (crunch crunch crunch) $65.41 per pound!

The magnet4less.com site listed earlier is about par with what I am seeing
on eBay.

I don't understand why Essex wire is $10 per pound and Belden is $65 per
pound. Maybe it is the coating.

What we need is the $3 per pound solution to the $10 per pound problem!

73 & Stay Vertical,

Jim Harvey (W7YV) - The Great Curmudgeon
P.O. Box 18009
Salt Lake City, UT 84118
http://www.harveyclan.net
http://www.harveyclan.net/w7yv.htm

FIST # 13337
SKCC # 3194

"Calling CQ was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna
get."