Re: [TCML] The Hammertone Predikter

Finn:

I ran the numbers on your latest info.  It works out to a 26.3 degree phase
angle.  That's not zero crossing switching.

The phase angle only gives you approx 1/3rd of your current.

If you adjust the turns ratio on your gate drive transformer you get rid of
98% of the overshoot.  At present your are operating slightly above the
"knee" curve for the particular ferrite core you are using, which usually
causes overheating of IGBTs.  If you can borrow an infared thermal camera
you can check the temps while it's running, or just use some thermisters to
check it.

The CM600s are very rugged and will handle it ---- for awhile.  Try either
adding or removing 1-2 turns and this usually gets you right on the knee.

Not complaining on your nice work --- but, just trying to help.  Play with
the gate drive ratios and you will kill the overshoot.

Dr. Resonance