[TCML] Dan Mccauley, et al staccato PCB SC2026

Hi All,

I am going to put together the group buy printed and silk screened PCB and
staccato electronics circa 3-6-03 before I loose all the stuff. This will be
to pulse a 4x 833C tube coil. It has been boxed since 2003 - parts from
DigiKey. Is there any mods, chages, or enhancements I should know about?

What would be a hearty SCR or triac selection for this application? Will I
need an additional special driver for the gate? A suggested SCR or Triac
that will do this comfortably would be much appreciated! It would be seeing
up to 4-5kv @ ~ 2.2amps to ground (all filaments/cathodes are common. I have
heard problems of turning off the SCR once gated which is how they were
intended as I recall. Would a triac be a better choice?

Thanks, Jim Mora