[TCML] Converting a 3p transformer

Hello transformer wizards and all,

I have a  5kva 3p transformer that is delta primary wye secondary. I would
like to power my VTTC without 3p (requires running my diesel genset - a bit
much for a tube coil).****(1.) Can I saw out the center core and coil and
run it on single phase 240V (has 6 10v increment input taps). It is rated
2200v/coil out or ~ 3800v in wye 3p. The sqr of 3xV yes? How well do you
think this would work? I certainly will have a big winding window if I want
to add some secondary turns! It is a really nice transformer and I hate to
hack on it though. The cores are 8"^2 (4widex2) total length is 10" x8"
high. The primaries are wound on the outside. ***(2.)Can I wind on top the
primary and series the secondary's provided the winding direction is the
same? I could use doublers just fine otherwise

Thoughts and critics welcomed.***(3.) I assume either the center winding and
core or one side has to go??

Thanks,

Jim Mora