RE: [TCML] 7.5V 52A Filament Transformer for 3CX3000 Needed

Cameron,

I can appreciate your desire for a factory-made transformer over a DIY hack.  A well-performing coil that looks like trash just isn't too special.  So I understand if this isn't something worth considering, but it may be for others.

If one started with a junked variac - one with burnt windings or a missing brush assembly or whatever, that would make a superb foundation for winding a low voltage heavy gauge secondary.  It's easy to wind on, doesn't have the saturation issues of a MOT, and one could then easily fine-tune the secondary voltage by choosing the primary tap point (soldered).  Maybe pre-solder a couple of primary taps prior to winding the secondary...

Regards,
Gary Lau
MA, USA