Re: [TCML] Klystron use?

Lau, Gary wrote:
Channel 28 is at 554-560 MHz. I know next to nothing about Klystrons but I thought they operated at microwave frequencies even higher than that? Tuned cavities, waveguides, stuff like that. As far as making a Tesla coil out of one, it doesn't sound like "coils" are relevant at such frequencies. Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

As we used to say in the effects biz.. "all ya gotta do" is scale everything... Chris's tube is probably about the size of a baseball bat (a meter long and 10cm in diameter)... so scaling up by a factor of 5000.. his 100kHz tube will be 5km long and 500 meters in diameter. Then he'll need a new electron gun of comparable size.

Not hideously complex, but probably going to require a larger building than he now has.