Re: [TCML] Flat Spiral Primary

Mike Thompson wrote:
Hello All,
I have been playing around with some calculations for a flat spiral primary coil, and it turns out that the little bit of .25 inch copper tubing I have is not long enough to for my needs. I was wondering what some of the draw backs of using 9 gauge galvenized fencing wire would be. It is cheaper and I get twice as much wire for half the price of copper.

What about using AWG 10 or AWG 12 bare copper wire? Galvanized iron wire is pretty high resistance. But you can do the calculations and see.