Re: [TCML] gold secondary

Lau, Gary skrev:
I meant to include in my post -

At the risk of appearing argumentative, if folks are going to suggest that using expensive or exotic components provide superior performance over garden-variety materials, I'm going to ask for supporting data.  In fact, this whole gold plated wire thread has been heavy on HOW and uncharacteristically light on the WHY.  I can understand the aesthetic appeal of gold plated components, but like the criminally overpriced Monster audio cables, there doesn't appear to be any functional reasons behind this.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA
Gary, All.

Let it be no secret, that the gold on the toroid of The Danfoss Universe Coil was applied to improve the aesthetical performance of the coil, not the spark length, or electrical efficiency performance. I was in the process of establishing myself as the leader in the field of manufacture of visually appealing coils, a quest that started with the Museum coil:

http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/tesla.jpg

and was recently further established with the V-Twin coil,

http://www.hammertone.com/temp/gakona1.jpg
http://www.hammertone.com/temp/gakona.jpg

which was on display at Palais de Tokio, Paris for 3 months.

Cheers, Finn Hammer