Re: [TCML] Sudden and unexplained destructive racing spark flashovers

I suspect that "sweet performance coupling spot" k=0.13-0.14 you found for your coils can't be extended to all designs.
For example,well known Nemesis coil built by Richard Hull gave the best performance with k>0.2.The coil also had extraordinarily large toroid instaled althought that seems less important becouse you use large enough toroids too.But Nemesis had the secondary height to diameter ratio aprox H/D=3.25.If I remember you said you make all your coils with H/D=4.5.Maybe there's some dependence involving H/D,k and optimum performance..

Dex

snip>