[TCML] A Pearson autopsy

All,

A Pearson autopsy.

The forensic lab has been working overtime to produce a report of the late Pearson 2100 Current Monitor.

Clad in copper, with it´s coat of green paint, it is a classy job, but laying all stripped on the cooling board, what meets the eye looks like something out of Kinrade´s estate:

http://www.hammertone.com/temp/pearson/general.JPG

Some of the potting removed reveals a high class strip wound core, lamination not more than 2 thou thick, and wound with some fancy nickel based metal.

http://www.hammertone.com/temp/pearson/generalcloser.JPG

There is nothing special about the main inductor winding, but the terminating resistive winding is attached to it with some odd carrier wires. I have tried hard to describe all this in words, but failed miserably, so when the words count hit 1001 words, I fired up good old #DStudio, and did a rendering of the whole wiring layout:

http://www.hammertone.com/temp/pearson/3ds.jpg

With this layout in mind, this detail photo gives more meaning:

http://www.hammertone.com/temp/pearson/photo.JPG

And even a poorly focussed closeup, where the termination wires can be glimpsed:

http://www.hammertone.com/temp/pearson/closeup.jpg

I have been unable to get access to one of these wires, to measure their thickness.

Hope this helps some....

Cheers, Finn Hammer