From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of jimlux
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 11:34 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Re: Terry Filter Resistors

Shaun Epp wrote:
> Ok,  I emailed Ohmite an asked what the inductance of those resistors
are and here is their official answer:

> L50J1K0E has inductance of 88.2008631 uH
>
> L100J1K0E has inductance of 197.508071 uH (The 1 Kohm, 100 Watt power
resistor for the Terry filter)

> -- they sure have alot of numbers behind that decimal point don't they
--

Yeah.. I want to see the test setup that measures inductance to 1ppb.
(they did give you the serial number of the resistor they measured,
right? as well as the time of day, phase of moon, temperature of the
room, 3rd letter of the test tech's middle name, all of which would
probably have a ppb scale effect..)

I wonder if they just calculate it using a FEM tool.

(are you sure they didn't just give you the phone number of the factory,

labeled uH? <grin>)