Re: [TCML] Terry Filter Resistors

I did some tests too with an LRC meter and the Terry filter resistors, I'm using the 50 watt versions, Ohmite L50J1K0E so keep that in mind.

With a good Fluke meter (graphical 867b) the resistance reads 1.0214 Kohms
Compared to a Fluke 87 III they read 1.022 Kohms

Using my Tenma 72-960 LRC meter I can't get a stable inductance reading, but I can measure ac resistance at two frequencies; 120 Hz and 1 Khz
I checked Rac at both frequencies and I read the same value - 1.021 Kohms
I looked in the manual and it doesn't say if it is impeadance or resistance that is being measured, so I may have proved nothing.

Another check. --  I used the component tester feature on my Fluke 867b which give you a V vs I graph of the component under test, and I can vary the frequency from 2 Hz to 18.75 Khz.  I connected the resistor to the meter and tried it at different frequencies and there was no change in the slop of the line; ie no change in impeadance between 2 Hz and 18.75 Khz.

Shaun
That measurement of over 100mH that another coiler measured has got to be a mistake (of the meter that is), this would require a large closely wound inductor.