Re: [TCML] Nearly First Firing

Whooops.... I just realized that the caps are 20Kv not 2 Kv so... the in paralell scheme would be ok ( if my math is good, that should be .016 uF at 20Kv)

Scot D     ( still on my first cup of coffie   not awake yet)

Simon Dodd wrote:

Hi Guys,

I went for first light this evening!! Unfortunately there was nothing! My spark gap fires when there is no capacitor bank in place but as soon as I put my MMC into the circuit and connect the main parts of the coil, the spark gap stops firing :-( I am using a 10Kv NST with a static spark gap and 16, 20Kv 1000pf capacitors in parallel. These are from the calculations on deepfriedneon. The spark gap will fire if the lead to the outer ring of the primary is left unconnected.

Im sorry its not too clear, I can do a quick diagram if you want more info.

Thanks for your help again

Simon