RE: [TCML] NST Measurements

Yes.. For the tc world, there are fem programs out there with limitations that are acceptable (e.g. Axisymmetric layouts.)  there's some electron optics codes that do nice field calcs for things made of coaxial tubes, cylinders, rings etc

-----Original Message-----
From: "Kurt Schraner" <k.schraner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 1/21/09 09:31
Subject: Re: [TCML] NST Measurements

One of those free finite element programs Jim Lux is mentioning, is David
Meekers FE method magnetics simulator FEMM. I was using it for some of my
induction coils, and it was not really hard to learn, giving results of i.e.
L1,L2, which were in good agreement with my measured values.

http://femm.foster-miller.net/wiki/HomePage

Citing David Meeker:
"A Windows finite element solver for 2D and axisymmetric magnetic,
electrostatic, heat flow, and current flow problems with graphical pre- and
post-processors."

Well, my induction coils are axisymmetric, and there may be some error in
modeling transformers as 2D. (The program version I was using is 3.2 of Dec
3, 2002 while the actual Version is 4.2).

Regards, Kurt